Camarines Sur Islands Philippines
Camarines Sur Churches
The Basilica Minore
Balatas Road, Naga City, Camarines Sur
Home to the miraculous image of the Patroness of Bicolandia, Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia. Thousands of pilgrims flock to this site during the September celebration of the PeÃ±afrancia Fiesta just to visit and venerate the virgin.
Calabanga, Camarines Sur
Another ancient Church founded by the Franciscan missionaries who came to Camarines Sur in 1578.Originally, the present parishes of Libmanan, Cala-banga, Bombon and Siruma were under its jurisdiction. The patroness of Quipayo is Our Lady of the Immaculate Concepcion.
The Naga Metropolitan Cathedral
Elias Angeles St., Naga City Camarines Sur
Constructed in 1816 to 1831, the Cathedral was for many years the seat of the Archdiocese of Caceres which encompassed the six Bicol provinces. It is the biggest church in Bicol.
Our Lady of Peñafrancia Church
Peñafrancia Ave. , Naga City
The original home of Our Lady of Peñafrancia, the patroness of Bicolandia. The Church's hand-painted ceilings and fine architecture has been preserved for the appreciation of the devotees and visitors.
Nabua Ladrillo Church
Nabua, Camarines Sur
The existence of Nabua as a municipality dates back to as early as 1571 when Fray Alonzo Jimenez, an Augustinian missionary, started his first Church mission in the settlement known before as Lupa. The historical marker found in the Church of Nabua indicates, however, that the town was founded seven years later from the date it was founded by Fr. Jimenez, which means that it was founded also in the year 1578.
St. Joseph(The Worker) Parish Church
Milaor, Camarines Sur
The Church which stands today was once a big convent and monastery built by Frays Juan del Sacramento and Jose de la Virgen in 1585. Although both edifices were destroyed by fire and again were reconstructed by Fr. Francisco delos Santos in the year 1740, the same year when it was also burned. This Church was dedicated to St. Joseph and its annual celebration of fiesta is observed every 19th day of May.
Bombon Parish and Leaning Bell Tower
Bombon, Camarines Sur
This old Church was constructed by Fray dela Torre and its completion was done by another missionary in the person of Rev. Fr. Jose Ribaya. Noted along with this Church is its leaning bell tower which is said to be likened with the leaning tower of Pisa in Italy . According to one legend, this leaning structure of the belfry made the townspeople want to destroy it. However, the parish priest insisted his parishioners to leave the tower as it is and continued working on it until it was finished.